Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Preface - Drain Your Brain, Find Your Mind

  -->

               We live our lives as a series of experiences.  What we make of these experiences is simply up to us.  Experiences are created and defined by the moments that go into making them.  Those moments are composed by the presence that constructs our lives. Therefore, it is the presence that makes up the moments that make up the experiences that make up our lives. Get it?
-->
              With all the experiences that went into making up my absolutely blessed life, I never thought that I would go through the experience I encountered between August of 2005 and September of 2006.  It was a series of moments that changed my life in ways I never thought possible.  There was nothing that I could have humanly done to avoid or alter the essence of this experience.  All I could do was control what I could control. The decisions I made and the lessons I learned in the presence of this experience were strictly mine.  They could have been positive.  They could have been negative.  There really was not a whole lot of room in between. The ease with which I made those decisions and learned those lessons astounds me in retrospect and truly taught me the power of, and need for, “Living In The Moment.”  It is certainly not my intent to bemoan this period of time in my Journey for this was the most Spiritual thing that ever occurred in my existence…somewhat “perversely,” at times, but Spiritual, nonetheless.  I would not wish this experience upon anyone, but I do hope that, by reading on, you will take away an understanding and appreciation for the “Power of the Present” and how it molds our lives and the lives of those we touch.
                I am not intending this to be some deep-rooted manifesto on how to live your life in some prescribed manner.  I am not some “Guru,” “Self-Help Wizard” or “Life Coach,” I can assure you.  In fact, I am beginning to think that with the on-going immergence of so many self-proclaimed “Life Coaches;” that, in short order, there will be more “Life Coaches” than there are lives for them to actually coach.  I am just a man who lives his life just as you do.  I am not putting forth these writings to advocate some path for your self-renewal or salvation.  I happened to collect the tools to meet my challenges through the active involvement and study within a “trans-denominational” community, meaning that we share and recognize the tenets of all world religions believing that there is a common thread that runs through them all and that thread is God, Spirit, First Cause…however you care to define it.  This just happened to be the route that I took to deal of the challenges that came into my life.  It worked (and works…) for me.  I guess the point I am trying to make here is that I believe the route you choose to take is not what is important.  It is the joyful and personally fulfilling end result of your journey that is the crucial thing and the gaining of knowledge, self-awareness and the ability to extend those results that is ultimately important.  My only hope is that I can somehow convey to you what I went through, what it meant to me and how I found the means to come out the other side as a bit of a better Person, Father, Friend and Spirit.  I hope that these thoughts will somehow help you understand yourself, your situation and some of the tools available to you if you ever find yourself or a friend or loved one in a similar situation and state-of-mind that I found myself engulfed in. 
Okay, with all of that being said, let’s all gather around, join hands, close our collective eyes and sing “Kum-Ba-Yah.”  I hope your enjoy my story.

To learn more about Drain Your Brain, Find Your Mind visit...

www.wix.com/rogmay/brain

No comments:

Post a Comment